Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Love Craig's List










Since we are now in the chicken ranch business I have been looking on Craig's List for cheep material to build a chicken coop with. I found used 2 x 4's with no nails when I call they were only one dollar a board. We went out a week ago Saturday to get some. When we left it was cloudy, then it rained on the way to the place and turned to snow. We loaded the boards in the rain some were 8 feet long great some were 16 feet long. We had them push all the way to the dash but thay still stuck out of the Blazer as you can see. We tied them down with twine that we planned on tying down the back gate with. Ken laid his body over the boards in the back for the entire ride home. Did we have anything to put on the end of the longest board? Noooooo. It was just a long slow drive in the rain, snow, wind, and finally sun when we got to the house. I also found 3/4 inch plywood for 10.00 a sheet and 80 lineral feet of insulation for 20.00, and chiken wire 150 feet new for 35.00 great deal.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you are doing chickens. We need to get some baby chicks too. Ditto on craigslist.