Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chicken Ranch







We are the newest Chicken Farmers in Boise! After the Carter's got their chickens Ken has been wanting chickens too. We found a set up on Craig's List and bought the pen, coop and three chicken on Saturday Feb. 12th. Now we are getting 2 eggs a day and waiting for the third chicken to catch up. We like to let them out in the back yard to run around part of the day. Today when Ken when out to put them back in their pen the 4 dogs got out with him and started chasing the chickens it was a real feather and fur flying time, along with the stick Ken was swinging at the dogs to get them away from the chicken, until they could get back into their pen. Such is the life of a farmer.

2 comments:

Janetlee said...

I love it! It make me want to get more chickens....and ducks....and peacocks....and a rooster. I hope you guys have a blast with your chickens. We did.

Judaloo said...

I want to see the picture of him chasing the chickens and dogs! That would be awesome!!