Monday, November 22, 2010

Dad Is At It Again

Well your Dad is at it again and this time he got me involved. We rearranged the house. Not the living room, that would be too easy, no we moved the guestroom to the end of the hall by our room and made the other bedroom (old guestroom) the dinning room. Before anything was moved to its new place we rented a rug doctor and cleaned all three "bedrooms" and my craft room (the room down stairs). The dogs have not liked one bit of this whole mess, they have been displaced and they feel mistreated. We are done now, and I have to say it will be nice to have a dining room table again. We don't eat at the table much but this way if people or the missionaries are here there is a place to have a meal. Today we got our first real snow. So far it is about an inch on the grass, some of the road are a little slick, but not too bad, it snowed, rained all day Sunday too. The dogs have had a ball running and playing tag in the snow this morning. They are loving it like little kids. The road between Boise and Mt. Home of course has had many roll overs and slide offs. I hope it is better by Saturday we have to go to Mt. Home for my cousins funeral. This is my cousin Roger, who use to teach at BYU Hawaii. Your Dad said to tell you at the cannery they have been canning pears forever and by next week they will have canned 45,000 cases to go to Salt Lake City. He can't even fathom how many semi trucks that would be. We are now headed for the D. I. to look for our next treasure!

4 comments:

Janetlee said...

I wish I could see the rearrangement. I wish I could go to the DI with you. I wish we could come to your house for thanksgiving.

OneTreeForest said...

Its snowing here too. We have over 7 inches in our lawn in 2 days. Tomorrow is when the BIG storm hits. The news said to expect between 5 to 10 inches tomorrow alone. I LOVE THE SNOW. Today is our Thanksgiving meal and it looks great. I can't wait.

Judaloo said...

We got dumped on too! They said a possible 9 inches, so we shall see. It is blowing right now, so we have a lot of drifting, and it is supposed to get below zero tonight!! I feel like we are back in Michigan! Good thing we are done traveling for awhile. Whew!!

I loved this post--so fun to read!!

Carol said...

This reminds me of the last 2 days I moved the rooms around in my work. They all laugh at me because they say I can not leave things alone. We have been dumped with snow the last 2 days and makes people crazy in Pendleton where snow does not drop very often. They don't even own snow plows here.