Thursday, November 19, 2009
I'm Thankful Too
I just wanted to follow Janet in her posting of being thankful. Today I am thankful for car seats, seat belts and teddy bears. Last night Shane's wife, Christine, and daughter, Izzy, were in a car accident. Christine was taken to the hospital by ambulance and Izzy had to ride a long. They are both fine. Izzy wasn't hurt at all. Christine is sore and has a stiff neck and a headache. Shane called me from the hospital to pick them up because of course the car was towed and it had the car seat in it. The person that gave him a ride to the hospital doesn't have a car seat, but being a grandma there is always one in the car (unless we take it out for grow ups). When they came out of the hospital Izzy saw me and came running to show me the new teddy bear she was given. I hadn't really thought about the teddy bear dive they have here for the police to carry in their cars for kids when there is an emergency. I had of course heard of it, and my mother had a lot of stuffed animals one time shortly before she passed away that Ken and I took to the police station for her, but when you see the happiness and comfort that this one little act makes to a little girl that has been through a terror in her little life it makes you thankful that someone was thinking ahead for her. I know I will be giving bears to the police to help someone elses grandchild.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW, how tragic and yet so inspiring.
I hope she will be okay. I hadn't ever heard about the teddy bear thing. Do they do that everywhere?
I have heard of the Teddy Bear thing I think most police depts have them in their car trunks. OH I hope everyone recovers fast. How scarey. I will be donating to this program just knowing someone like your grand baby got one! See you friday!
WOW!!! I am so glad they are OK! I will donate, too! Love you guys!
Post a Comment