Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Good Day

The other day I had to take time to pause. You see I had a good day. I mean a day when things just went my way. I stop and say that for all the bad things that happen there is a plausible reason for them, without the bad experiences of life we can in no way enjoy the elation of the good things of life. Doesn't it feel good, say when you win at something, someone has to lose, hopefully not you.
I had a day a while back that make me feel so good it was just one of those good days. I relate to you the events. I was scheduled to go to the hospital for blood work and various x-rays. My body is slowly falling a part, you see I keep falling down. I have damaged my shoulder, elbow, wrist and back. I can't tell you why I fall I just do. I always get nervous when I have to go the the hospital or doctor. You know they are going to ask questions you don't know the answers to especially since I have no memory, due to the lithium overdose years ago, so I prepare for my day to be BAD. I arise early and decide I would go down to the hospital early, maybe I could be one of the first people for blood work and then it happened. I pulled into the hospital parking lot. I got the first parking stall just inside the lot. Boy, that put a smile on my face. I rushed into the hospital over to the area where they sign you in. It happened again-I was first. I dread the interview, I handed her my insurance cards and zip no questions. It was almost like she new better than to ask questions. She said take this copy over to the lab. so I hurried over to the lab. Yup, it happened again, I was first. They took my blood in five minutes, even the arm sample was a breeze to produce. Then they gave me my orders to go to x-ray. By now my smile was beginning to broaden. I showed up at x-ray, you guessed it, I was 1st again! They took the x-rays of my shoulder, lungs, and knee. They were all so nice, no insurance questions. I went back and thanked them for treating me so well. All together I was at the hospital one hour. I had thoughts of a half a day. I can't tell you how good that felt.
Later that day I checked the mail and got money in the mail I wasn't expecting. All in all its nice to have the really good experience but had I not experienced negative experiences in the past I couldn't have experienced those good feelings of he day.
I thank the Lord looks out for us through our service to him and to our brothers and sisters of this world. I can't express what it is like to give lots of service, thinking that you can somehow payback the Lord for blessing He gives you there is no winning because He blesses you even more. There is no winning this race God is never going to let you pay him back in full He is a much too loving God.
Well I don't have any cute pictures of little kids to put on the blog, even at that I am extremely blessed by your blogs. I am extremely blessed by your love. It was so nice just recently to have a visit from Rob, Emma and family and Janet and 3 kids. I can't believe life could be any better than it is.
Anyway thanks for reading about my good day.
P.S.
I got a double complement at the cannery today. An old man I knew waned to work with me. Sperling (the Foreman) told the man he couldn't work with me. The job requires 2 but Ken works alone. Stering said," I sorry He does the work of 2 people." At age 64 I still got some of it. Nice to be recognized.

3 comments:

Janetlee said...

Totally awesome post today! Way to go! Don't stop writing to us.

Judaloo said...

Wahoo for quick hospital days! I know how long those can be, so WAHOOO!!!!!! It's always nice to get something unexpected in the mail, isn't it? It never hurts to serve others, because you never know when it will comeback to you. I'm so glad you had a good day. Makes me very happy. Hope to visit soon...

OneTreeForest said...

I am glad we had the time to stop in for a short visit. I (Rob) will be in town again in October for work stuff. We need to get together for dinner if you are around.